Yard Rules are Applicable to all Persons on Site.
Guidance for Customers
- When you first arrive on the yard just let John or a member of staff know you’re here.
- Always wear a hard hat and gloves when handling horses.
- Don’t use mobile phones whilst handling horses.
- Young children should be supervised at all times and not left alone with horses at all. Horses can be very dangerous!
- Never enter stables /fields without staff permission/ or being accompanied.
- Please don’t feed any horses or ponies without first obtaining permission from a member of staff.
- You are very welcome to spend time grooming/helping with the horses but please speak to a member of staff so that we can make sure you are safe
Riders must wear
- Jodphurs, breeches or comfortable trousers (not tight fitting or jeans)
- A top that covers shoulders and arms.
- Shoes or boots with heels – no trainers. Jodhpur boots are cheap and comfortable and can be used with chaps to cover the calf which stops chaffing.
- Riding gloves can be comfortable if you have sensitive skin
- Body protectors
- Waterproof jacket for riding in the rain