For your comfort and safety we ask that all riders wear suitable attire when riding with us.
What to wear when horse riding
It is so important to be comfortable when having your horse riding lesson. The last thing you need is to find your unable to move freely or your clothes are sticking and chaffing.
We ask that riders wear:
- Jodphurs, breeches or comfortable trousers (not tight fitting or jeans)
- A top that cover shoulders and arms
- Shoes or boots with heels – no trainers. Jodhpur boots are cheap and comfortable and can be used with chaps to cover the calf which stops chaffing.
- Riding gloves can be comfortable if you have sensitive skin
- Body protectors
- Waterproof jacket for riding in the rain
We are able to provide items such as hats but if you decide riding really is for you it is well worth getting fitted out for your own hat, boots, chaps and jodhpurs. There are plenty of places you can get riding clothing from but feel free to ask if you are unsure especially regarding hats.