Horse riding lessons at Holme Farm Equestrian Centre in Derbyshire
If you are looking to get into horse riding or to further develop your riding ability in any discipline then Holme Farm Equestrian Centre offers horse riding lessons for everyone from the total beginner to competitive riders.
All of our horse riding instructors are fully qualified and experienced so we guarantee your time with us will be fun and constructive.
The quality of riding instruction and attention to detail we give to each rider means you will find yourself progressing quickly and our instructors will be looking to continually assess your level of horse riding making sure you are getting the most from your riding lessons with us.
Your initial assessment
All riders are required to undertake an initial assessment horse riding lesson/assessment. This is a private half an hour horse riding lesson after which we can advise on the most effective method of progression.
To establish their confidence, all beginner riders have private lessons until walk, trot and canter are established, so that they are equipped to take part in group lessons. Teenagers and adults start on the lunge, whilst younger riders begin with lead-rein lessons.
The Next Step
- General group horse riding lessons cover flat work, some dressage and jumping tuition.
- Group horse riding lessons are limited to 8 riders max., although 4 – 6 is our norm.
- We also hold regular, specialist group jumping lessons.
- Advanced group lessons are available in all major disciplines. We offer advanced lunge lessons for the more experienced rider / exam. candidate to improve their seat.
- Specialist clinics are offered several times a year. These are usually taught by visiting experts in the particular discipline
- Private lessons, in all disciplines or combination of disciplines, are available by arrangement.